Pokemon Haze

The Pokemon RP with a bunch of battles, twists, and more!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Use of Italics and Bolding.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Use of Italics and Bolding. on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Abyss

Nothing Achieved(New member)
Using Itaclics and Bolding are very important ways to help get your point across. They also help you see action and dialogue, and what is important in the phrase. Here is a phrase without italics and bolding

Abyss flies over hilltops and mountains. The view is beautiful. Just then Abyss is approached by a guard. The guard requests that he hand over the gem of awesomeness. Do you truely believe that I would just hand it over? Yes I do believe that Abyss, now do it.

This is a bit hard to understand. Here are how I usely use italics and bolding

bold: Heavily layered with expression

italics: An action, or thought (the process of thinking is an action isn't it...)

underline: Important fact.

Normal text: Speech.

Now let's see our phrase...

Abyss flies over hilltops and mountains. The view is beautiful. Just then Abyss is approached by a guard. The guard requests that he hand over the gem of awesomeness. Do you truely believe that I would just hand it over? Yes I do believe that Abyss, now do it.

See by use of Italics, underlining, and bolding, we made this more understandable. For quick skimmers (fast readers) like me this makes reading a forum post much easier.

Advanced:

Note: One passage may contain more than one item (i.e. bolding and italics.)

Example: Abyss smacks the guard in the face!

Also if you contain a spirit or something of that sort, coloring texts can help distinquish what is being said by what:

Do you truely believe I would just hand it over? Yes I do believe that Abyss, now do it.

In some cases you do not need to say which color is who, since in some cases like this, it is obvious.

And if you don't understand all of this... you can always do this:

"Do you truely believe I would just hand it over?" Abyss asked sarcastically. "Yes I do believe that Abyss, now do it," the guard responded agressively.

However use of this will make your point clearer and easier to understand by all other players. Thanks for reading!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum